DTS Digital Surround is the high-quality audio codec that established DTS as a leader in digital sound.
• Up to 5.1 channels and up to 48 kHz / 24-bit
• Constant bit-rates up to 1.5 Mbps
• Compatible with hundreds of millions of DTS decoders in the world today
• The “core” of DTS-HD codecs, resulting in backward compatibility with legacy playback devices
DTS Digital Surround is capable of two additional extensions that further enhance the entertainment experience:
• DTS Digital Surround 96/24™, with a sample rate of 96 kHz and bit-depth of 24 bits, delivers greater frequency response, tonal accuracy, and dynamic range. It is the only surround audio format capable of delivering 96 kHz over a S/PDIF connection.
• DTS Digital Surround ES™ adds a discrete center surround channel to deliver an exciting 6.1 experience. The additional channel increases sound localization and offers creative opportunities to the sound mixer, thus offering a more engaging surround sound experience to the consumer. DTS Digital Surround ES is the only compressed digital audio format that is capable of delivering 6.1 discrete channels of audio over S/PDIF.
• DTS Neo:6 creates up to six full-bandwidth matrix channels of surround sound from a 2-channel (stereo) audio source. DTS Neo:6 generates a proper center channel, along with accurately directing audio to either a 5.1 or 6.1 layout, based on the destination speaker layout, which naturally follows the original presentation.
If you believe sound matters, click here for information on how to license DTS technologies in your products.
Everything you want to know and more about DTS technologies. Click here.
Click to learn about our cutting edge audio tools for the professional and prosumer communities.