DTS Express is a high performance discrete audio codec designed for low bit rate applications, such as streaming and downloaded content.
DTS Express is a proven high quality, low bit-rate audio codec that has been widely used by major entertainment studios for Blu-ray disc™ secondary audio, BD Live, and other similar applications. DTS Express can be used with up to 5.1 channels and up to 48 kHz / 24 bit. This technology also features constant bit rates from 48 kbps to 512 kbps. Also, DTS Express is fully compatible with hundreds of millions of consumer electronics devices via a DTS Digital Surround™ real-time transcoder.
DTS Express also features the exclusive “Fit-To-Stream” technology for digital delivery. As more and more consumers are downloading their entertainment content via the internet, DTS’ exclusive “Fit-To-Stream” technology is becoming a must have.
FEATURES OF “FIT-TO-STREAM”
- Dynamically adapts to fluctuations in connection speed without affecting audio quality for the listener
- A single encode serves variable bandwidth connections—conserves space on servers and media management systems
- Scalable and adaptive streaming with no audio dropouts, clicks, or pops—providing a seamless entertainment experience, even with significant changes in bit-rate
- Efficient production workflow—Single encode solution
- Multi-channel encoded streams can downmix to stereo—delivering the best quality to all users
If you believe sound matters, click here for information on how to license DTS technologies in your products.
Everything you want to know and more about DTS technologies. Click here.
Click to learn about our cutting edge audio tools for the professional and prosumer communities.