DTS Headphone:X is a Home Theater in your Pocket (HTiP) solution for mobile audio that faithfully reproduces the home theater surround sound experience using a wide variety of simple headphones. It simulates the three-dimensional multichannel audio environment of a movie's original mixing stage, calibrating it to each device, headphone set and user seating position.
By using the acoustic characteristics of the original mixing studio or other professional audio labs as a reference, DTS Headphone:X externalizes and recreates the audio from the studio. It vastly improves the mobile audio experience through headphones, offering benefits for both content owners and consumers.
DTS Headphone:X enables content owners (e.g., movie studios, game creators, music artists or retailers) to capture the acoustics of a high quality audio production studio and control the manner in which they are reproduced for the consumer. Content providers will appreciate that sonic reproduction matches the mixes they so carefully craft, allowing consumers to enjoy the most immersive and realistic surround sound experience (up to 11.1) available over headphones
DTS Headphone:X Benefits:
- Home Theater in your Pocket (HTiP), offering a premium headphone audio experience with surround sound
- Automatic calibration to various headphone makes and models
- Post-processing enhancement that improves the overall quality of the audio for all kinds of content
- A simple user interface (found on a phone or tablet) that enables consumers to personalize their listening experience
- Presets emulate the DTS reference listening room or a professional Hollywood mixing stage, instead of a blind stereo upmix