DTS Headphone:X™ allows mobile devices to turn an ordinary pair of headphones into an impressive personal surround sound system.
Imagine an audio technology designed from the ground up to deliver the best end-2-end experience to a consumer. DTS Headphone:X accurately recreates the production soundstage, optimizes the audio for both the device and headphones, and finally allows the consumer to fine tune the sound, drastically improving the experience.
DTS Headphone:X faithfully reproduces the home theater surround sound experience using any pair of headphones. By using the acoustic characteristic of the original mixing studio, or other professional audio labs as a reference, Headphone:X externalizes and accurately recreates the studio soundstage through any headphones. With benefits for content owners, device manufacturers, headphone manufactures and consumers, DTS Headphone:X presents a whole new way to hear mobile entertainment.
DTS Headphone:X Features:
- Recreates an authentic, spatially accurate 3D home theater experience over any headphones
- Supports 2 channel, 5.1, 7.1 and 11.1 channel audio
- Personalized audio application to provide the consumer with a choice on how they listen and share it across devices
- Out-of-the-box calibration for a range of headphones
- Post Processing enhancements and device level tuning for headphone and speaker drivers
- Tightly integrated with DTS-HD® and DTS-HD Master Audio™
DTS Headphone:X contains the following elements:
- Headphone:X allows content owners, providers and OEMs to capture or configure the characteristics of a specific mixing studio with customized speaker layouts optimized for gaming, movie or music content.
- Once created, the room profile is then attached to movie, music or gaming content as part of the DTS-HD encoding process.
- Headphone:X provides out-of-the-box tuning and calibration for any headset. DTS is currently collaborating with headset manufacturers to ensure their products are optimized to preserve both the artistic intent of the content and the desired characteristics of the headphones.
- We all hear differently and have different audio characteristics that effect how we listen to content. Headphone:X provides consumers with an audio control application enabling users to simply create and store a personal sonic profile, containing information about their audio preferences.
- The device solution for Headphone:X contains both application and system level audio processing to enhance the playback of all content on the device, for both headphone and speaker playback.
"One of the most impressive demonstrations of future technology"
- The Wall Street Journal
"It's mind-blowing, it really is, it's the best thing I've ever heard"
- Geoff Emerick, Engineer – The Beatles
"DTS Headphone:X was easily the most impressive audio technology we witnessed at CES this year, and we can't wait to see where it goes from here."
- Greg Robinson, Big Picture Big Sound
"Existing headphone virtualizers such as Dolby Headphone don't simulate a center speaker well for me, but through Headphone X, it really sounded like there was a speaker sitting several feet right in front of me.""
- Brent Butterworth, Sound&Vision
"DTS changed our minds about virtual surround sound, successfully converting us from vocal dissenters to flamboyant evangelists. The experience we had at DTS’ demo booth was incredibly convincing"
- Caleb Denison, Digital Trends
In The News
Feb. 27 2014
Feb. 26 2014
Jan. 28 2014
Jan. 15 2014
Nov. 19 2013
Nov. 8 2013
Oct. 8 2013
Oct. 6 2013
Oct. 4 2013
Oct. 3 2013